About Lake Country Children's Theater
Lake Country Children’s Theater (LCCT) grew out of the 1983 discussions of an enthusiastic and energetic group of Hartland area citizens, led by Catherine A. Coles. This group wanted to offer quality, live theater experiences to area children in order to foster appreciation of theater and related arts. They chose a life-size mascot, Dugan the Storytale Dragon, to appeal to children and promote the fledgling theater group. Connie Casper, Jim Pierce, Diane & Steve Preisler, Joicelyn Schwager, and Katie Weber were some of the founding LCCT members.
The founders stated LCCT’s goals as:
- To increase awareness of and appreciation of the fine arts among adults and children of the Lake Country area.
- To coordinate an annual season of theater experiences.
- To develop expanded theater programming for skill development.
LCCT has achieved these goals in a variety of ways:
- A three-show season of live theater is presented during the school year at Arrowhead High School.
- Since 1997, LCCT has brought in Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre from Minnesota to give area children the opportunity to perform in plays such as Pinocchio, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Beauty & the Beast, Tom Sawyer, Snow White, The Wizard of Oz, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, and Alice in Wonderland. Annie Jr. (1999) and Pinocchio (1997) were also presented.
- LCCT partnered with Lake Country Players to present Music Man (2001) and Oliver (1995).
- From 1984 to 2001, the Theater in the Park program offered live entertainers who performed in Hartland’s Nixon Park during summer weeks.
- Area children were featured in Variety Shows in 1984, 1985, 1988, and 1992. LCCT has striven to keep live children’s theater affordable. Season ticket prices have always been reasonable.
How do you become a member?
Anyone 18 years of age or older is welcome to become a member of our organization. For a minimal time commitment of attendance at one (1) LCCT meeting per year, you will receive 2 free season tickets for the following season! For more information, please call:
Current Board Members
Nicole Johnson, President
Vicky Voelker, Vice President
Meghan Findley, Secretary